Last updated: January 31, 2015.
You can browse the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States of America.
OutsideIntel collects and stores the following types of personal information:
- correspondence through our Websites, and correspondence sent to us;
- physical contact information, email address and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, including credit card or PayPal information;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Website (such as opening an account or performing transactions and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- billing and other information you provide to purchase goods and services from through the Website;
- other information from your interaction with our Website, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating Website policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to OutsideIntel, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
OutsideIntel’s principal goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience on the Website. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- tell you about our services, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our TOU;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- provide the products and services and customer support you request; and
- customize, measure and improve our products and services, content and advertising.
If you use a blog or message board on this Website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by others or could be used to send you unsolicited messages. OutsideIntel is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
Information You Provide To OutsideIntel.
Your user identification (“User ID”) is displayed throughout OutsideIntel (and so available to the public), and is connected to all of your OutsideIntel activity. Other OutsideIntel Website visitors may be able to see your feedback, ratings and associated comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on the OutsideIntel Website should refer to User IDs and specific transactions and/or services or goods. If you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your Website activities.
If you access our Website from a shared computer or a computer in an Internet café, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity or reminders from OutsideIntel, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
OutsideIntel uses “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our web pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
Relevant factors regarding cookies which you should be aware of are:
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our Website services;
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session;
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Website that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
OutsideIntel Disclosure of Your Information.
OutsideIntel will need to disclose some of your information (e.g., name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address) to the third parties working OutsideIntel to enable OutsideIntel to provide services and/or goods to you. OutsideIntel may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce company policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
OutsideIntel may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history;
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service);
- without limiting the stipulations above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Protection of Your Personal Account.
Your password is the key to your personal account on the Website. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your OutsideIntel password to anyone. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your personal account. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify OutsideIntel and change your password as soon as feasibly possible.
Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information.
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to your personal account on the Website. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce the OutsideIntel TOU and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. OutsideIntel treats data as an asset that must be protected and uses various tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) for registration OutsideIntel encrypts that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and Website visitors may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing.
OutsideIntel does not tolerate spam. Please establish your OutsideIntel communication preferences in your personal account so our communication with you is in accordance to your personal preferences. You are not licensed to add other Website visitors, even a Website visitor who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express written consent. To report Website related spam or spoof emails to OutsideIntel, please forward the email to robert a t outsideintel d o t com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate the OutsideIntel TOU. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. OutsideIntel does not rent or sell these email addresses.
OutsideIntel does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. OutsideIntel may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference in your personal account or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
Use of OutsideIntel Information.
As a Website visitor, you agree to use user information only for: (i) goods and services offered through OutsideIntel; (ii) OutsideIntel transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages; or (iii) other objectives relevant to the OutsideIntel goods and services that a Website visitor expressly chooses.
Privacy Policies of Third Parties.
OutsideIntel Does Not Allow Children To Use the Website (outsideintel.wpengine.com).
OutsideIntel does not offer financial goods and services for purchase by children. Instead, OutsideIntel offers financial related goods and services for purchase by adults. If you are under age eighteen (18), you may only use outsideintel.wpengine.com with the involvement of a parent or guardian who must make the purchase for you.